In order to view Instagram promoted post analytics on Iconosquare, you will need to be listed as an Admin within the Facebook Business Manager Ads account linked to your Instagram business profile (this is not the same as being listed as an Admin within the Page roles section of the Facebook page itself).
In this article:
- Having the correct role on Facebook Business Manager
- Checking that posts have been promoted from the Ad account you have access to
Having the correct role on Facebook Business Manager
If you're unsure how to check whether or not you are listed as an Admin within Business Manager, please follow the steps below.
- Open https://business.facebook.com/settings/
- Select the correct business which corresponds with your Facebook page and linked Instagram business profile.
- If you're not seeing the correct page listed here, this means that you don't have access to this Page (and linked Instagram profile) within Business Manager, and therefore you'll need to contact the person who manages the Business Manager account in order to be added as an Admin.
- If you can select the relevant business, please then head to the menu on the left-hand side, click on Users, and then People:
- You should then see your name listed under People, with the correct Facebook page listed under Assigned Assets:
- In addition to this, you will then also need to click on Ad Accounts on the left-hand side menu:
- If you then click the sub-title Ads (Internal), you should then find your name listed under People:
- Proving your name is listed here (and this is the Facebook account that you have connected to Iconosquare under the Social profiles section), if you have unlocked promoted post analytics on Iconosquare, you should then be able to view the promoted post data on Iconosquare.
- As an additional check, we also recommend clicking on the drop-down arrow next to your name (see screenshot below) and ensuring that the blue toggle is set to "Full control":
Checking that posts have been promoted from the Ad account you have access to
For us to have access to the promoted post analytics of a post, we will have to be correctly connected to the Ad account they have been promoted through. If you're unable to see some paid analytics for posts that have been promoted and there are several team members who promote posts for your profiles, make sure you have access to the Ad account they have been boosted from by following the steps below:
- After following all of the steps above, click on Open in Ads Manager where you should be able to see the posts that have been promoted and take note of the Ad account you have checked your Admin status on.
- Locate the correct Ad account from the top of the Ads Manager. If you are not seeing the right one, click on See More Ad Accounts to see the full list of accounts you have access to.
- Make sure that the Account numbers match with what you checked in the previous section.
- Locate the posts that have been promoted and should be showing paid data on Iconosquare. If you are unable to see these posts as promoted, it's possible that they have been promoted from a different Ad account that you currently don't have access to. Please contact your team and ask for access to this Ad account.
If you are listed under Ads (Internal), have Full control selected, the Ad account matches and you were able to locate the posts but you still cannot view the promoted post data after unlocking the feature, please reach out to us at email@example.com, and we'd be happy to assist further.