You've unlocked paid insights for your Instagram posts, but want to remove them. To do this, you will have to break the connection with Facebook, resynchronize your social profiles, and be careful not to check all the authorizations.
Note : This step must be completed by an Admin or Editor of the FB business Page associated with the IG Business Profile. If you are not sure, please follow this article to ensure you are an Admin or Editor first.
STEP 1. Remove Iconosquare's permissions from Facebook
- Log into the Facebook profile connected to your Iconosquare account.
- Then, click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings)
- Or go to Settings & privacy > Settings > Security & login > Business Integrations
- Find Iconosquare, tick the checkbox next to it, and click "Remove":
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook, your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
STEP 2. Re-authorize Iconosquare's permissions
- Go to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare and click on the button "Go to Data Access page". Then, click on the blue "Refresh Access" button.
- You will then be redirected to Facebook. When prompted, you must check all Facebook pages and Instagram profiles and accept ALL permissions. Do not customize them (this could cause issues with collecting your data for your Facebook/Instagram pages)!
- Once this is done, you will be redirected back to Iconosquare and your permissions will be refreshed!
- Go to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare and click on "Re-authenticate" on one of your disconnected profiles.
- You will then be redirected to Facebook. When prompted, be sure to check all permissions, EXCEPT for the permission corresponding to promoted posts. Do not customize them (this could cause issues with collecting your data for your Facebook/Instagram pages)!
Please note that this operation is not retroactive, and will not remove the promoted post analytics that are already on Iconosquare.