If you have been trying to add your Instagram profile to Iconosquare but can't see it on the list of social profiles available, or your Instagram profile has been disconnected from the platform but the Facebook page is still connected, use this article to check if it is currently linked to its corresponding Facebook page where you have an Admin/Editor role or all rights (if on the new Facebook pages experience).
Keep in mind that an Instagram profile can only be connected to Iconosquare if it's linked to a Facebook page you have the correct rights/roles through your personal Facebook account.
In this article:
- How to link the Instagram profile to a Facebook page
- A Facebook page already exists but I don't see it on the list of options. What does this mean?
- How can I check if I have the correct role or all rights on the Facebook page?
- The Facebook page appears on the list of options but is greyed out. Why can't I select it?
How to link the Instagram profile to a Facebook page
- Make sure your Instagram profile is a Business profile. Uncertain and need a reminder about how to do this? Have a look at this article.
- Head to your profile on the Instagram app.
- Click on Edit profile.
- Click on Page under the Public business information section.
- Select between creating a new Facebook page (if you don't have one yet) or Connect an existing Page if you are already an Admin/Editor or have full rights to the corresponding Facebook page.
- Select the correct Page and click on Done.
A Facebook page already exists but I don't see it on the list of options. What does this mean?
If there is already a corresponding Facebook page but you can't locate it in the list to link to your Instagram profile, it might mean you currently do not have an Admin/Editor role or all rights to the Facebook page.
How can I check if I have the correct role or all rights on the Facebook page?
Facebook currently has two different Page views. If you are on the classic Facebook page view follow these steps to see your role:
- From your Facebook Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page and click Settings in the bottom left.
- Click Page roles in the left column.
- Log in to Facebook, then click your profile photo in the top right.
- Click See all profiles, then select the Page that you want to switch to.
- Click your Page name in the left menu.
- Click Manage below the Page's cover photo, then click Page access.
- Click your name to view access.
If you appear to be missing any permissions, please ask someone on your team to give you full rights for you to have access.
The Facebook page appears on the list of options but is greyed out. Why can't I select it?
You might be able to see the Facebook page that should be linked to the Instagram profile you are working with. However, if this is greyed out, it means that it's already linked to another Instagram profile. You can either create a new Facebook page or organize the Facebook pages linked to your Instagram profiles and then follow the steps again.