In this article, we explain how to schedule your LinkedIn posts and we answer the most commonly asked questions.
- How to schedule an automatic post for LinkedIn?
- Tips and tricks
- Image, video, and post specifications
- Links on your posts and their previews
- Can I schedule LinkedIn posts through the app?
How to schedule an automatic post for LinkedIn?
Please keep in mind that in order to have your posts automatically published, you will need to have a super Admin role on the LinkedIn page.
- Head to the LinkedIn Scheduler page of your Iconosquare account.
- Click on Schedule a new post at the top right of the page or click on a time and date directly on the scheduler calendar.
- Select the type of Post you'd like to schedule (Text, Images, or Video).
- Upload your media or select from your Media Library if you chose an image or video post.
- Add the text for your post, and select your posting date and time.
- Choose if you want to cross-post to other social profiles and select from the list of available ones.
- Click Schedule and wait for the confirmation that your post has been successfully scheduled.
- It should now show on the Scheduler calendar with a sidebar, signifying that it's scheduled, and a yellow lightning bolt, which means that it's ready to be auto-posted 🎉.
If you have mobile app validation security enabled, you will need to validate your post through the Iconosquare mobile app for it to be automatically published. Please ensure your mobile app is updated to the latest version and that you are logged in using the same Iconosquare account login details as on your desktop.
- For now, you will only be able to schedule texts, images, and videos but it is not yet possible to schedule polls, documents (PDF for example), or articles.
Tips and tricks
- Don't forget to upload your media on to the Media Library for easy access. You can upload from your computer, Dropbox or OneDrive.
- Do you use a series of hashtags or captions often? Create your own Hashtag lists or Saved Captions to make your scheduling much easier and quicker.
- Need clients or team members to have a look at your posts before they are published? Use our Collaboration feature and share your LinkedIn scheduled posts to people without the need for them to have an Iconosquare account. Handy, isn't it 😉?
Image, video, and caption specification
- A maximum of 9 images is supported
- Images must be less than 3615x2320 pixels
- Images must be in JPG, GIF, and PNG formats
- Only GIFs of up to 250 frames are supported
- A maximum of 1 video is supported
- The video must have a maximum of 60fps
- A size of 512MB per video but when larger than 200MB, a multi-part upload is required
- When creating a text post, a minimum of 1 character is required
- A maximum of 3,000 characters is supported on text and other types of posts
Links on your posts and their previews
You can include links on your text posts and typically, we should be able to show you its preview. However, you might notice that your link preview is blank and this is due to an issue with the metadata on the website you are trying to link to. Unfortunately, we will not be able to show the preview until the metadata is sorted.
If you want to check your link before adding it to your post, you can use LinkedIn's tool called Post Inspector. We also found this really helpful article from Kinsta to better understand how to use the Post Inspector and how to fix your meta tags.
Can I schedule LinkedIn posts through the app?
Yes! You can schedule your posts both through the desktop site and the mobile app.