If your Instagram posts are not being published automatically despite being correctly scheduled for automatic posting, here are some steps that you can try to fix the issue.
⚠️ If you have scheduled a Carousel (multi-image post) or Story, this type of media cannot be published automatically due to API limitations, and therefore we will send you a notification at the time of posting, as explained here!
⚠️ If you have the post validation option enabled, you'll need to validate your auto-posts via the mobile app, or they won't be automatically posted- find out more about this here.
In order to complete these steps, you must be an Admin or Editor of the Facebook page which your Instagram business profile is linked to, AND an Admin or Manager on the Iconosquare account. Unsure if you're an Admin/Editor on Facebook? Find out how to check this here!
1. Firstly, if you are seeing the following message "Data access has expired" near the top right of the page on your Iconosquare account, this can prevent your auto-posts from publishing successfully. If this yellow warning message is showing, simply head to the Social profiles page, click on the Data access tab, and click on "Refresh access" in order to fix this issue:
If you're not seeing the "Data access has expired" warning message, please proceed with the steps below.
2. Sign into your Facebook profile. Go to "Settings" https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
Old Facebook design:
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
- This will redirect you to Facebook - please do not customize the permissions. (OR, if you’re seeing the new Facebook permissions, please select ALL the Instagram accounts/businesses/Facebook Pages you’d like to monitor).
- Once you've done that, you'll be redirected back to Iconosquare.
4. Open the Scheduler page, and click on "Unlock auto-posting" near the top left-hand corner, and follow the prompts to accept this permission.
If you use Facebook scheduling on Iconosquare, you'll also need to go to the Scheduler page on your Facebook page on Iconosquare, and unlock the permissions there too (you should see the following pop-up):
5. Please then click into all future scheduled posts individually, click "EDIT" and then "SCHEDULE" the media again, ensuring that the 'Post automatically to Instagram' checkbox is ticked (which it should be by default). You should then receive the below message for all of your posts.
Note: if you have post validation enabled in the app, you'll then need to validate these posts on your mobile phone.