Have a look through this article where we explain the reasons why you might not be able to find a social profile you're wanting to add to Iconosquare. If you're trying to add an Instagram business profile or Facebook page to your Iconosquare account, but it's not listed, you may find the steps in this article helpful!
If you're trying to add a Twitter profile, please refer to this article.
If you're trying to add a LinkedIn page, please refer to this article.
- You must have an Instagram business profile! Got a personal profile? Learn how to convert it to Business here - it's free and there are loads of benefits!
- Your Instagram business profile must be linked to a Facebook page if you want to add the Instagram profile to your Iconosquare account - this is a Facebook requirement.
- You must be an Admin/Editor or have full permissions to that linked Facebook page in order to add the Instagram business profile to Iconosquare - this is also a Facebook requirement.
1. Please carefully follow the steps detailed in this article to check if you are an Admin or Editor of the Facebook page (and therefore have access to the linked Instagram business profile too)
If these steps confirm that you are listed as an Admin or Editor, please proceed to Step 2.
2. Check that the Facebook profile connected to your Iconosquare account on the Data Access tab is the profile through which you are Admin/Editor or have full rights of the Facebook page (which should also be connected to the IG business profile). On the Data Access tab, check where it says "Current Facebook profile connected". If you're connected with the wrong Facebook profile, click Logout to connect with the correct Facebook profile, then please try to add your social profile again.
* Please note: by "Facebook profile", we're referring to your personal profile, not your Page.
3. If you're finding that the correct Facebook page is listed when trying to add a social profile to Iconosquare, but not the corresponding Instagram profile, there is probably an issue with the connection between the Facebook page and the Instagram business profile. Please follow the steps below to check this:
- Open the Instagram App on your phone.
- Click on your profile page then click Edit Profile.
- Under the heading Public business information, next to Page, the linked Page should be listed - click on the name of the page.
- If there is not a page currently connected, click Connect or Create - you can now choose to connect an existing page, or create a new page.
- If there is a page listed, click Change or Create page to reconfirm the connection, or to change the connection to a different/new page.
- Once you've confirmed that the correct page is connected, click Done.
- Please head back to Iconosquare and see if you're able to add this Instagram profile to your account.
If you've followed the steps above, and the correct Facebook page is connected within the Instagram app, but you still can't add your Instagram profile to Iconosquare, please proceed with step 4 below.
Other miscellaneous errors within the Instagram app:
If you can't select the correct page because of an error message, this means that you're not an Admin of the Facebook page in Facebook Business Manager. In this case, please ask someone who is an Admin of the page in Business Manager to try Step 3 above, ensuring they're logged into their own Facebook account on the mobile device you're using. Or, you will need to be added as an Admin of the page in Business Manager, and you can then try Step 3 again. You can also contact Facebook support and they should be able to help you with miscellaneous error messages that might appear while following the steps above.
4. This next step involves removing Iconosquare from your Facebook Business Integrations:
- Click on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations
- Search, or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
- Select Iconosquare, then click Remove.
- You will then need to confirm this - but DO NOT click on the checkbox asking if you wish to Delete all posts, photos and videos.
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook, your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
- Once you've done that, please come back to Iconosquare, head to the Data access section, and then click on "Refresh access":
- This will redirect you to Facebook - please do not customize the permissions. (OR, if you’re seeing the new Facebook permissions, please select ALL the Instagram accounts/businesses/Facebook Pages). We will not have access to analytics of profiles that have not been manually added to the platform and are turned on.
- You'll be redirected back to Iconosquare - please try to add your social profile again. If it's now listed, great! If not, please continue with the steps below.
5. This next step ensures that the correct Instagram business profile is connected from within your Facebook page settings:
- Please go to the Settings section of your Facebook Page and click Instagram near the bottom of the left-hand side menu or Linked accounts (with the new Facebook pages experience) followed by Instagram.
- Scroll down, and you should see the option to Disconnect or Disconnect Account. Click here, or if no Instagram business profile is listed here, proceed to the step below.
- Click Log in and log into the Instagram Business Profile associated with this Facebook Page (they should be the same as the ones that are linked within your Instagram app).
- If you experience any issues doing this on the Facebook desktop site, please try within the Facebook mobile app (Menu → Pages → Click on your Page → Click on the Settings cog ⚙ → Click "Instagram" then continue with the steps above).
- Try to add your Instagram Business Profile again on Iconosquare.
6. If after completing the steps above, you're able to add your Facebook page to Iconosquare, but not your Instagram business profile, we advise proceeding with the following step of converting your Instagram business profile back to a personal profile, and then re-converting back to a business profile again.
PLEASE NOTE: This step will cause you to lose any previously gathered Insights data on Instagram. However, you will not lose any data from your Iconosquare account.
- Open the Instagram app on your iOS on Android phone
- Click on your profile page
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of the screen
- Select Settings, then, select Account, and click on Switch account type.
- Finally, click on Switch to Personal Account.
You can then re-convert back to a business profile by following the steps detailed in this article.
If you encounter an error message saying "You've reached the limit for the number of businesses you can create at this time", please go into the Facebook mobile app and convert your Instagram profile to business from there instead: Menu → Pages → Click on your Page → Click on the Settings cog ⚙ → Click "Instagram" then click "Convert to Business Profile". Keep clicking "Continue" until the process is finished.
Try to add your Instagram business profile on Iconosquare again.
Please note, if you have recently been made an Admin of the social profile, you may not be able to find your social profile immediately - if not, please wait and try again after 24 hours.
If you still can’t find the social profile you're looking for, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take a closer look into this for you.
Article is closed for comments.