Follow the steps in this article in order to re-authenticate your Facebook page. Most of the time this is easy but here, you will also find troubleshooting steps and linked very useful articles for when you're having a bit more trouble with this.
Once you grant us access to your Facebook personal profile, Facebook gives us your "token" which allows us to connect and calculate your data. Sometimes this token expires due to different reasons:
- A change of password.
- A login from an unusual location.
- A change in your Page Role on your Facebook Business Page
- An unspecified reason relating to Facebook's security measures, for which we don't have information.
The reasons above can result in you being logged out from Facebook. When you're logged out, you need to re-authenticate your account so we can continue to calculate your data.
To re-authenticate your Facebook page, follow these steps:
- Click on the red banner that appears at the top of your Iconosquare platform or click on your profile icon at the bottom left-hand corner of the platform followed by Social profiles.
- Head to Go to Data access page.
- Click on Re-authenticate next to your Facebook page.
If this doesn't work, it is possible that your role or permissions to the Facebook page have changed or we did not get enough permissions (the permissions were customized and we don't have access to all of your social profiles). Follow the next steps to get this sorted out!
Reset the connection between your Facebook account and Iconosquare
- Remove Iconosquare's permissions from Facebook by clicking on this link to access your Facebook Business Integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). On this page, search or scroll to find ICONOSQUARE.
- Select Iconosquare, then click "Remove".
- You will then need to confirm this - but do not click on the checkbox asking if you wish to "delete all posts, photos and videos", as shown below:
(Don't worry about the message that says 'This may delete your Iconosquare account and activity'. This is an automated message from Facebook that we are working to have changed - your account will NOT be deleted, and this process will NOT have any effect on your stats. This is simply to refresh the permissions we have for your account.)
- Re-authorize permissions by going to the Social Profiles section on Iconosquare, clicking on the Go to Data Access page button, and then clicking on "Refresh access". This will redirect you to Facebook - please do not customize the permissions. (OR, if you’re seeing the new Facebook permissions, please select ALL the Instagram accounts/businesses/Facebook Pages, even those you currently don't want to monitor on your Iconosquare account).
Once you've done that, you'll be redirected back to Iconosquare - please try to re-authenticate your social profile again.
Check whether you still have the correct role or permissions for the Facebook page
Classic page experience
Follow these steps to verify your role:
- Please open Facebook in your internet browser, and sign in to your Facebook personal profile (this should be the profile connected to your Iconosquare account, eg. www.facebook.com/john.smith), then click this link.
- Select the Page you believe you have Admin/Editor access to.
- Click Settings at the bottom left of the page, or if you have the old Facebook design, click Settings at the top right of the page.
- Then click Page Roles on the left-hand side menu. Scroll down; if your personal profile is not listed under ADMIN or EDITOR, unfortunately, you are not an Admin/Editor of that Page. You'll need to contact one of the other Admins to grant you access.
New Facebook page experience
- Log in to Facebook, then click your profile photo in the top right.
- Click See all profiles, then select the Page that you want to switch to.
- Click your Page name in the left menu.
- Click Manage below the Page's cover photo, then click Page access in the left-hand menu.
- Click your name to view access.
If you appear to be missing any permissions, please ask someone on your team to give you full rights for you to have access. You must have full control in order to be able to manage and connect your Meta social profiles to Iconosquare.