Automatic video scheduling for Instagram is here! 🎉
Please note that this feature is in beta and we apologize for any imperfections. This feature is available for trials, PRO, ADVANCEDand AGENCY users only.
To schedule a video automatic post, follow these steps:
- Click on 'New Post' and select 'Photo or video'
- Upload or select a video from your Media Library (the video must follow, or later be cropped to, the specs which you'll find below)
- Select a thumbnail for your video from our suggested thumbnails on the left hand side.
- Add your caption and hashtags as usual, and add a geolocation for extra engagement!
- If you have your the post validation security measure switched on, you'll need to validate your automatic post through the app to ensure it posts automatically. You can find more information about that here.
- As long as the blue 'Automatically post to Instagram' box is ticked & your image fits all the specs, your video will be posted automatically to Instagram.
Here's a gif of the process:
Videos must follow these specifications:
Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
Bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
File size: 100MB maximum
Please note: Video auto-posting is currently only available via the desktop site, not via the mobile app.
Want to know how to schedule a video for Facebook? Check out this article!
Looking for more information?