Scheduling posts in advance is now a whole lot easier, since we've added the option of scheduling a post using a placeholder (post with no media).
So if your media isn't ready yet, you can still go ahead and schedule the post, along with the caption, hashtags, location, etc., and the media itself can be added when it's ready! 👏
How does it work?
- Head to the Scheduler under the Publishing tab, click "New post" at the top right of the page.
- Select the type of post you'd like to schedule (Photo or video, Carousel, etc.).
- Instead of selecting/uploading a media, click on the "Skip" button at the bottom right of the screen:
- You can then add your caption, hashtags, tags, location, first comment, and select the date and time you want the post to be published.
- Click "Save draft"
- Your post will then be saved as a draft (not scheduled).
- When you're ready to add your media to the post, click on the pencil icon on the post within the scheduler calendar:
- Click "Update media" to select media from your Media Library or to upload media from your computer:
- Once you've selected your media, click "Next", then if your happy with your caption and posting date/time, click "Schedule"!
This feature is available on all Iconosquare plans, for all types of social profile (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter).