If you're looking for more customization options for your dashboard reports, then you've come to the right place. Find out with this article how to add titles, cover pages, and change the style of your dashboard report PDF layouts.
The Dashboard Report Customization feature is broken down as follows:
- A customization section, to set up your cover page, report content, and closing page
- A scheduling section, similar to reports, to upload or schedule your custom dashboard report
How do I access the customization of dashboard reports?
First, you will need an Enterprise plan to take advantage of this feature. Second, you will need a dashboard. To learn more about dashboards, click here.
To access the customization area, click on the blue dropdown menu in the top right corner of your screen, then select “Customize your report”.
How to show/hide the cover/end pages?
You can add a cover page as well as a closing page to your PDF report.
To do this, select Cover page or End page from the tabs on the left of the screen, then look for the switch and turn it on.
Your report will now display a page at the beginning/end of the presentation!
Repeat the process to turn the page off.
How to customize the cover / end pages?
Once your cover page or closing page is activated, many options are available to you to customize these new pages to your colors.
- Add a title and subtitle: Enter the subject of your presentation and highlight a period, a social profile, or a particular topic.
- Show/hide social profiles: Are you making many presentations with various profiles? Display the profiles you present from the introduction. On the other hand, does this document only talk about one profile or always the same ones? Remove the page, save time and ink!
- Layout: Whether you're looking for the sobriety of a simple title, or on the contrary, you want to highlight a publication or a striking image, the layout is made for you. Select a layout. The titles and alignments will be modified, allowing an image to be displayed from the cover page.
- Style: To color your presentation and display it in your colors, the Style tab is made for you. This will allow you to choose a background color, as well as colors for titles and subtitles. Click on one of the color squares and enter the desired color codes. You can also modify the alignment and formatting of your titles to control the aesthetics of each pixel!
How to upload an image for the cover page? 🖼️
Is your cover page a bit too plain for your taste? Enhance it by adding an image or a popular publication!
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Activate the cover page (the eye icon must be "open" in the tabs on the left)
- Select one of the two layouts containing an image.
- Click on the "Upload image" button
Your image must weigh less than 5MB and comply with a format of at least 500x500px.
Can I modify the report content?
Yes! The left tab Dashboard content will offer you the following possibilities:
- Dashboard period: Show or hide the analyzed date range on each page of your presentation.
- Pagination: Decide whether you want the page numbers to appear on your presentation or not.
- Company logo: If you have defined a company logo in Settings > Platform, it can be displayed instead of "Powered by Iconosquare" on the pages of your report.
To modify the rest of your presentation, go to the Dashboard section!
How to save my custom report and export/download it? 💾
Have you made changes but don't want to retrieve your PDF file yet? Use the Save button at the top of the screen.
If you are ready to export your custom dashboard report, click on Save & Generate.
You can modify the analysis period of your dashboard data, add or remove recipients, or even schedule your report to receive it at the end of the week or at the beginning of the month, for example.
Do I need to customize my report every time I download it again?
No need! As soon as your custom report has been saved at least once, it will "replace" all reports based on this dashboard 😊
You can then download it with its customization while keeping your download habits: directly from the dashboard by clicking on Download your report then selecting Format = PDF, or from the Reports > Create my report section.